Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

This Memorial Day finds me a bit more contemplative that usual. I think it might have something to do with the fact that my oldest son is currently deployed to Afghanistan. While Memorial Day is not for our current Veterans, but rather for those who have fallen, his being over there brings it all closer to home for me. Earlier this week he posted an announcement regarding five young soldiers from Fort Bliss who were killed, not too far from where Trey is stationed. My heart hurts for those soldiers' families, but when I think about how it could have just as easily been Trey, it scares me to death. Fortunately and thankfully, Trey's tour is just about over, but he will be over there for a few more weeks. Please join me in praying for his safety as well as for the safety of all of our American soldiers. Not all of them will come home.

No comments: